UG: B.Tech/B.E - Any Specialization
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical assistance on products to customers of small to medium size, scope, and/or political complexity - via phone, email and/or remote access. The support focuses on in-depth problem analysis of Citrix products and their integration into enterprise-wide mixed environments. The incumbent uses fundamental technical troubleshooting skills obtained through performance of the role to isolate, analyse, and provide resolution to customer issues of minimal to moderate complexity, with some general instruction and oversight from team leads and/or management. Qualifies more complex customer issues for assistance from more senior level employees or other vendors
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
• Provides technical assistance on to customers of small to medium size, scope, and/or political complexity - via phone, email and/or remote access.
• Performs problem analysis and isolates problems of minimal to moderate complexity, with general instruction and oversight from team leads and/or management.
• Achieves and maintains targeted call statistics such as number of calls answered, number of cases closed or issues resolved, along with other established goals.
• Publishes articles on relatively straightforward technical support issues in Citrix's online knowledgebase
• Documents cases, recommendations, and resolutions clearly in the CRM system.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
• Ability to understand technical issues and apply technical concepts.
• Possesses good problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills
• Strong understanding of server administration and networking protocols (such as TCP/IP)
• Strong understanding of Linux/UNIX fundamentals and architecture
• Basic understanding of the storage architecture (DAS, NAS, SAN) is favourable
• An excellent customer service attitude and the ability to interact with customers in a professional manner are required.
• Ability to receive and utilize constructive feedback
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
• Must possess a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience.
• Must have at least one year of experience in a technical customer support environment or field experience.
• The individual must have at least some experience with Citrix products and technologies in an Enterprise environment.
• Must possess a working knowledge of IBM PC compatible technology